Happy Zombie

The Happy Zombie

Friday, September 08, 2006

Aqua/Red Swap

Red/Aqua swapI finished my projects for my Aqua/Red Swap partner and I'm hoping to get them in the mail today. My little quilt measures 22'' x 33''. I really hope my partner likes it. Making a quilt for someone you don't know is hard since not everyone has the same tastes or likes the same styles. The best part of this was that I had fun making it for my partner!

I made this quilt from solids and the prints are 1930's feedsack reproductions. No pattern, sans the paper-pieced schoolhouse block. I just kind of made it as I went along. I got the schoolhouse block pattern at Quilter's Newsletter Magazine. Sidenote... I'm not one who enjoys paper-piecing (my brain just can't do it!), but this was a very easy block to paper-piece. If I can do it... anyone can! I also used the Tri Recs rulers to make my pinwheels. I just love all the tools from EZ Quilting and Darlene Zimmerman!

Red/Aqua swapA few other things to add... a pair of aqua socks (that's so fun to say... "aqua socks"... "why that just knocks my aqua socks off!") and a checkbook cover I made with Moda's aqua "5 Funky Monkeys" line. I liked the check bookcover so much... I made one for myself too.

Labels: ,



4 Comments:

At 9/08/2006 11:57 AM, The fabulous Anonymous Anonymous allegedly said...

Well, that was fast! You did a great job.

My kiddos take most of my blog pictures and I'm always having to rotate them because they are ALWAYS crooked. :o)

 
At 9/08/2006 12:08 PM, The fabulous Blogger Happy Zombie allegedly said...

Thank you Lindie! I don't know why I can't take a decent photo of a quilt. I ALWAYS get it crooked. And that's with rotating em too! I'm going to check out what you're up to... and prolonging my packing for my trip tomorrow!

 
At 9/14/2006 8:55 AM, The fabulous Anonymous Anonymous allegedly said...

I am the happiest person in Fort Lauderddale, and the the lucky one Thank you very much the quilt, the check book cover and my socks are so wonderful.

I love you blog, is wonderful and your quilts are amazing.

Thank You Agin, I will talk to you soon.

Love, Margarita

 
At 9/30/2006 7:37 PM, The fabulous Blogger Raesha D allegedly said...

I found your blog through Wren's Nest and I love it! Your red and aqua swap is great! I love what you made...do you have a link for the checkbook cover or did you make it up? I would love directions. I'm a WA baby too...but now I'm in New Mexico!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home