Happy Zombie

The Happy Zombie

Thursday, October 05, 2006

Autumn!

Autumn is my favorite time of year! I was telling Jackie over at Wren's Nest about all that I love about Autumn and thought I'd add my thoughts here. This is MY TIME OF YEAR! Pumpkins, fall leaves, soups & stews, trick-or-treaters, the crisp air, the colors, it feels cozy but not cold... I love it all! I even love raking the leaves! I even love the word "autumn"!

One of my favorite quilts is one I made about 3 years ago. It's a Bare Roots pattern, but I added some of my own drawings (quilts, the Coast Guard, and something else... I forget) for the stitching.

This Bare Roots pattern is called "For These I Give Thanks". I think I tweaked the setting as well (as I do 99% of the time with patterns). Anyhoo... The fabric came from The Buggy Barn and I think they are by Moda or P&B. I danno, all I can remember is that I just adore the fabrics! And Autumn! Edited in... I do keep this quilt up year round, except at Christmas time when I hang a Christmas quilt in it's place.




Yes... I know my photos on the wall are askew. It's how I live.



4 Comments:

At 10/05/2006 2:59 PM, The fabulous Anonymous Anonymous allegedly said...

Oh my ! I LOVE that quilt! I love most of the things Bareroots does! What a great job you did and it really captures the feeling of the season. It's just my favorite time of year!

 
At 10/06/2006 5:54 AM, The fabulous Blogger The Chicken Lady allegedly said...

I LOVE that quilt, too. You are just so very talented chicklet! I brag about you all the time and how you HAND sew your quilts. Dang woman! It's COLD here now, Autumn is definitely in WI. Crispy! Soon we'll have snow drifts. :)

 
At 10/06/2006 11:01 AM, The fabulous Anonymous Anonymous allegedly said...

Really Really comfy cozy looking!! Love it! Well....When I look at your pic..I think Autumn!! Like your room would smell of hot cider!! yum! Great work!!!
Happy Fall!!
xoxo Jenny

 
At 10/06/2006 4:02 PM, The fabulous Anonymous Anonymous allegedly said...

That is so pretty and fits perfectly right where you have it. Do you take it down in winter? It would be really hard for me to take down. Autumn will be my favorite time of year when it gets here. :o)

Did I spel my name right?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home