Happy Zombie

The Happy Zombie

Tuesday, October 10, 2006

I LOVE YOU MONTANA!

Montana Goodness!Sigh... I loved my first ever trip to Montana and am heart sick I had to leave. I'm soooooo happy to be home with DH and DS, but I'm ready to pack up and head east. Have you ever had that feeling in your tummy and heart that you just BELONG somewhere? Maybe it's a reincarnation thing... I danno. Anyhoo... I had THAT feeling in Montana.

I was in the Bitterroot Valley this weekend with my good friend Karen at a quilt retreat hosted by Bell Tower Quiltworks. I had the TIME OF MY LIFE and made some lifelong friends. Everyone in Montana was SO nice and the scenery wasn't too bad either!

Autumn in IdahoBefore Montana, of course comes Idaho... another new experience for me! We stopped in the little town of Wallace, Idaho where Autumn was in full bloom! I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Autumn!!! I have more photos to come, more thoughts, and much more Montana Goodness to share. For now... I must unpack and get my life back to normal (as if it was normal before I left for Montana).

Thank you Montana for your enchantment & kindness and thank you Missoula for putting the big "M" on your hill to welcome me!

I love you Montana,
Monica

My Montana/Idaho Flickr photos.

Labels:



5 Comments:

At 10/10/2006 8:16 PM, The fabulous Blogger The Chicken Lady allegedly said...

Well, I guess it's closer to WI, but you can't leave OR before I get back! You can't, you can't, you can't! Yea, I know the yearning to be somewhere.....Cannon Beach! My heart really is there.
I'm glad you had a fun time. The Bitteroot area is beautiful, especially in AUTUMN. :) We drove through in the summer, HOT!

 
At 10/11/2006 3:34 PM, The fabulous Blogger Happy Zombie allegedly said...

We're not going anywhere soon. I really don' think I could be that far from the ocean. I'm thinking maybe vacation home!

 
At 10/11/2006 10:57 PM, The fabulous Blogger Paula allegedly said...

I lived in Wyoming for 11 years and could not wait to get back to my homeland- Oregon. I so agree, Montana and Idaho are both gorgeous. We kicked around a move to Missoula at one point but decided that here is where we really want to be for the time being. Love to visit though. Check out Chico Hot Springs in Pray, Montana next time you get up there. Beautiful!

 
At 10/12/2006 9:58 PM, The fabulous Anonymous Anonymous allegedly said...

ohhh...these photos are just perfect!! Loving them!! ...ok...all I need now is some hot cider!!

Thanks for sharing!!
xoxo Jenny

 
At 10/18/2006 11:17 AM, The fabulous Anonymous Anonymous allegedly said...

Hi there, thank you for visiting my blog and all the nice things you said.

I know exactly what you mean about 'belonging' somewhere. I'm Italian, but now live in England... but MY place is New England. Give me a white saltbox house, a bunch of maples/birches... and I'm home.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home