Happy Zombie

The Happy Zombie

Sunday, October 01, 2006

Quilt Pink!

Yesterday was Quilt Pink Day across the country. I spent Quilt Pink at Anna Lena's where a dozen beautiful blocks were waiting for me to set them. It was a beautiful day and the dozen+ quilters there were all in pink... we were bathing in a sea of pink fabric and we even snacked on pink cookies & pink lemonaid. The camaraderie was magical! Not only that we were all members of "The Stitcherhood of Quilters"... but we were all giving to something that has in one way or another touched us all! It was a very positive, powerful and uplifting afternoon! Not to mention fun! I take that back about us all being quilters. One lady came who's never even sewed before, but wanted to be a part of it and she became one of our "pressers". That was really cool! The lady backs up my statement that EVERYONE can do SOMETHING... no matter what that something is!

The blocks came to be by hundreds of volunteers from the NW Oregon coast and SW Washington. Quiters sent in blocks and made blocks at Anna Lena's. As well... some non-quilters made some blocks too! Through donated fabric from members of the Peninsula Quilt Guild, Anna Lena's and customers... non-quilters were able to "assemble" blocks from cut pieces and then pinned to paper to be stitched later. The Peninsula Quilt Guild had a "booth" at the Relay For Life at Ilwaco High School where anyone could "make" a block.

I do not know who made the blocks I had to work with, but boy are they beautiful! I especially love the Scotty Dogs blocks! They are soooooooooo cute! Click on the images to see them larger... they are worth the look! My friend Carol said she'd seem them somewhere before, so when she got home she poured through her stacks of quilting magazines and let me know the pattern is in Quilter's Newsletter Magazine (Sep 2006 issue). So being the impatient person that I am... I HAD to find the Scotty template ASAP... and found them for FREE online at the QNM website.

Labels:



6 Comments:

At 10/02/2006 9:30 AM, The fabulous Anonymous Anonymous allegedly said...

Those Scotties are too cute! What a lovely day you had - and doing something so wonderful for others! The quilts are great!

 
At 10/02/2006 6:58 PM, The fabulous Blogger The Chicken Lady allegedly said...

Oh wow! That looks great and sounds like lots of fun. I LOVE pink!! I wish I had been there to play. I have been FINALLY working on a quilt that I'll post later. Red/White/black/blue...:)

 
At 10/02/2006 7:52 PM, The fabulous Anonymous Anonymous allegedly said...

Sounds like a fun day doing something you love for a wonderful cause. The Scotties are cuties!

 
At 10/03/2006 11:27 AM, The fabulous Anonymous Anonymous allegedly said...

tooo fun!!! We should always be thinking pink!! Sounds like a fabulous day!! Love the pics!!


Are these quilts vintage turquoise machine washable? :)

xoxo Jenny

 
At 10/03/2006 12:03 PM, The fabulous Blogger Happy Zombie allegedly said...

Hi Jenny... if it's made in my house... it HAS to be washable! :-)

Not that I'm messy... it's because I live on the damp, damp, damp Oregon coast (lots of fog, rain and sea air which I love... it's just the dampness I can't stand).

 
At 10/04/2006 11:04 AM, The fabulous Anonymous Anonymous allegedly said...

That was such a fun day for grace cause.
I love the pictures.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home